Sunday, May 10, 2009

Baking Soda and Vinegar

I never knew the power of baking soda until this past week. First, my oven had some grease built up and I tried oven cleaners and really didn't get anywhere. So then I decided to try baking soda. I sprayed the oven down with water, added a layer of baking soda and then sprayed the baking soda down. I kept the baking soda wet for four hours and the grease was easily scrapped off.

Second, my lawn furniture, hard plastic, had a layer of dirt and scrubbing it with soap and water was helping a little but it still looked dirty. So I repeated the steps with the baking soda and the grime scrubbed off easily.

Finally, I used pure vinegar to wipe the grease that had built up on the stove range. Wow, I just might become a good homemaker yet.

We have officially moved over to our new place. I love my new kitchen and I can't wait to make my first meal here.

The new plan for freezer cooking will be to cook our lunches and dinners for three nights a week. The other days I will use the slow cooker or just cook a regular meal.

0 comments:

Post a Comment