Thursday, April 30, 2009

Cleaning Naturally

I ran out to the store this morning to buy some products to clean naturally. Mainly I just want to save money and brain cells. I bought borax, white distilled vinegar, a huge box of baking soda and some 97 cent spray bottles. I didn't realize my oven was so greasy until I couldn't get it cleaned and I have a gas oven so I'm not sure about spraying toxic chemicals in there. I will have to let you know how that goes and post my pictures from my soup session.

It is a little scary to live in an area with known cases of this new flu that is going around and this morning on the radio it isn't confirmed but there might have been a death from it in this city. I'm a military spouse and a command went out that if you are at the hospital or the clinics and you have flu-like symptoms you have to wear a mask (which is good) but now the gate guards have gloves on their hands. It's all a little scary to be this close to it.

2 comments:

Loks said...

Up in Canada here and my husband works in the health sector and he is on emergency response right now. No cases in the area yet but 80km away there is.It is scary. Wash your hands well and keep them away from your face.

Extraordinary Ordinary Life said...

I'm just not panicked about it. Maybe because I have been living in blissful ignorance since I stopped watching the news. But they did give my husband a swine flu protection kit at work. It included antibacterial wipes, 2 bottles of hand sanitizer and some sort of foam.

Post a Comment