Saturday, April 11, 2009

Discount Bakery

I spend a lot of time in the library. I can't help it. I live right down the street from one and I have access to all those cookbooks. The liberian asked me what I was doing and I told her about the freezer cooking. Well one thing led to another and evidently I don't live very far from a discount bakery. I looked it up and gave them a phone call. They carry some of the brands we like. We buy Thomas Whole Grain Bagels at the commissary for $2.97 and they sell the same thing for just barely over $1.00. They have a whole grain bread too and that is $1.09. So I will be checking this place out on Monday or Tuesday and I'm not going to bother trying to bake my own whole grain bread but right now I am finalizing my baking plan for next week. I'll post it as soon as I figure out what I'm doing.

1 comments:

Loks said...

Way to go girl!
I'm in the same boat.
I buy from a bread distributor.
But I do bake bread and all my muffins, cakes and loaves. Just rather buy bagels and grain breads.

Marlyn

Post a Comment