Thursday, April 16, 2009

Freezer Friday

Welcome to the initial Freezer Friday post.

The topic I'd like to discuss today is freezer labels. I can't stress enough how important it is to label your food with the name, date that you made it or use by date, and reheating instructions. Once your meals are frozen you might not be able to tell them apart. This is especially true for soups.

I like to write or print out the instructions on recipe cards and then tape it to the bag. You can find some free printable cards at these sites.
Some labels that I have found for purchase.


1 comments:

Loks said...

I have a freezer vacuum bag system. It has a stripe on it that you can write in ordinary pen. I have found labels come off and when you clean out the freezer they are all on the bottom.

I have ordered in some of the cooks you have on your site through our library. They are in for the pick-up. I can't wait.

Post a Comment