Monday, April 27, 2009

Frugal Monster

I've created a frugal monster. Which is good. I'm talking about my husband. A few months ago it was like pulling teeth to get him to be frugal. But he is 100% on board as long as I can be healthy about it. We were at the gas station the other day filling up and he said we will be back here on Sunday after church. I asked him why. He said to buy a Sunday newspaper. So I teased him about the coupons. A month or so ago I showed him just how much I saved in coupons and it really shocked him. So every Sunday we have been getting the paper and he goes through the coupon section before I get a chance to. And says, this week there is $8.00 worth of coupons and we paid $2.00 for the paper so that is a $6.00 savings! What he means is that there is $8.00 worth of coupons on things that we need and use often. We were looking at something not related to food the other day and he says that is $140.00 but if we get it refurbished we can get it for $100.00 that is a big savings.

I believe I can even get him to subscribe to the Sunday paper if I present the facts about how much we could save by getting it delivered. The newspaper here is really bad about calling trying to get you to subscribe and he vowed never to get the paper delivered because of it. But I think if I present it in the right way, he loves facts, I might be able to change his mind.

I've created a frugal monster! I LOVE IT!

1 comments:

KC said...

Getting it delivered is much better then shopping on a Sunday too!

Post a Comment