Thursday, April 2, 2009

Day Three

Day three went much better than the other two days. I think I'm starting to get a handle on this.
I started out breading the pork chops, then I flash froze them. Once they were hard I used our food saver of them.

I then started the goulash. While it was simmering away I packaged the fish and started a soup.

The goulash packaged and frozen!


The soup assembly line still chugging along.

All that is left to do is make the calzones and make the rolls and breadsticks that I didn't make on Monday. I will do those tomorrow! I am so happy to almost be done. I really liked doing this but I will be doing some things differently for next month. For example, the soup really slowed me down and about two soups into it I was tired of making soups. Since my husband specifically requested soup for lunch I pushed on with it. We have now decided that I will make two weeks worth of soups every two weeks. I have a months worth now and on the 15th-ish I will make three recipes. That way we always have a months worth of soup (lunches) but won't be eating the same soup four days a week. I will be giving that a trial run and if it doesn't work out then we will be doing something else for lunches.

That is it for today. I have to be awake at 5:00am to make it to a doctors appointment and I plan on sleeping like a log.

2 comments:

Loks said...

Your meals are really starting to take shape. Good work. Bet your sick of your kitchen by now! The rest of the house needing attention?
Hubby still ill?

When I did OAMC I had six children at home. Three being teen/adult male. The meals seemed fine by eyes view but there was never anything left over.
We are now down to three children at home (one male teen). My fridge no longer evaporates every time one of their noses takes a wiff in the fridge. I have a better hold on what comes in and goes out.

I was in the city yesterday and ordered in the books ( from the library) that you had on your side panel when you started this blog.

You have encouraged me to start OAMC again. But like Lisa I have a freezer that needs defrosting first and we will spend April eating from what is at the house.

Just to let you know I am enjoying your blog/progress.
Marlyn

Air Force Wifey said...

I didn't realize I had taken the books off the side. I will fix it later. Most of the recipes from this month came from the Freezer Friendly book. How exciting to do OAMC again! I'm so glad I could inspire you to do it again.

Last night when I went to bed I was sick of the kitchen but I slept like a log and feel energized again to get going on this. I can't imagine doing this with six kids! It does make sense though to do that.

Post a Comment