Friday, April 3, 2009

Day Four... finally finished!


Before and after photos. I am so happy that I am finished. I set out to do something and for the most part I accomplished it.

Starting the calzone mixture.

Made a fresh batch of dough.

So I didn't say I was a good cook! Runny fillings. We ate the two really runny ones for dinner tonight. I wasn't happy with the dough, the filling was awesome, so I made personal pizzas with refrigerated Pillsbury dough that I had. The only thing that did not get accomplished and will not get accomplished is the rolls and breadsticks. I'm just too tired and those we can live without. This afternoon I decided that I will be doing this again but I am doing twice-a-month cooking instead. Thinking back to what my husband told me Monday about having this be fun for me I really think going to twice-a-month will be a lot better. As we eat these I will post the reviews and maybe some of the recipes of the good ones.



Wow I'm done.

4 comments:

Kayla said...

What cookbooks did you use to get the receipes? I think some of the soup recipes sound great. Please let us know if they turnout yummy!

Loks said...

Job well done.
I agree with you about twice-a-month thing though. But now that you have started you can have things cut and peeled ahead of time for all your next coming meals...right?
You have made a lot of soup.
Do you think you will get sick of soup and spring moves into summer?
We eat soup every Tuesday night because it is one of those nights everyone heads out the door. We have pasta on Monday because Hubby has a hockey game that night...need carbs!
This month turkey and ham go on sale. Would you consider buying one now for next months cooking plan?
Just thoughts.

marlyn

Air Force Wifey said...

I think I will definitely get tired of soup but my husband specifically asked for it. It's the first thing that didn't come from a box that I attempted to make on my own when we first married. More on that later. He says my soups are good. When I mentioned maybe only having soup one or two days a week he looked like a hurt puppy. I'm already craving fresh vegetables and salads though.

I would definitely consider the turkey. We don't eat much ham but it might be worth to see how much of a sale is on. I will go and see what is available this week. I have way more onions than I needed. I calculated something wrong so I have extras. I will be freezing those and should be good for next month. Later I will post my book references again. I have been lounging around today.

Lisa said...

Wow great job! Your poor hand though. I was thinking you were making alot of soup too!! We have never been big soup eaters around here, but alot of your soups looked so good, I might have to try some out.
I am looking forward to seeing how next month goes, if you decide to do it again!!

Post a Comment